Tuesday, January 26, 2010

inspire the inspiration to inspire

i intended to just show up. speak. answer some questions. and leave.
little did i know one little question would trigger a little girl to be inspired to design a dress which would inspire my own mind.

speaking at my old stomping grounds i was asked by a little girl, "what inspires you?" i told her to just look around.. that is what inspires me.  a small puddle, a blowing curtain, a falling flake.  another girl spoke up, "when i'm swimming i look up to the light streaming through the water and the ripples... that's what inspires me."
"that's it" i told her.

she came to me when i was done to show me the design of her sketch.  she told me that she would "crumple up shiny see-through fabric and bunch it up like you do for tye dyeing and lay it in the sun to bleach out, then apply it to the dress."  my jaw dropped. 

uncovering through little minds the endless possibilities of creativity...

No comments:

Post a Comment