Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the beginning of a new journey for m.c.c.

it began w.a thought... an idea to maybe put me one step closer to the goal: being a designer.

i have been chosen as one of the 2010 designer in residents for the chicago fashion incubator. as i prepare for the big "move in" day, this monday, i remember the feeling i had when i presented my company to the panel of chicago fashion industry professionals:
i had arrived early. set up the m.c.c. dresses that cohesively embodied the brand m.c.c. i was nervous. unaware that i would soon be returning to this place with a space for m.c.c.

with the thrill inside of what is to come next, i am pensive on what has been. since graduating and taking the challenge of launching my own line, i have worked from the confines of my parents country home in the old hired man's room. it is here where i have prepared for every fashion show and presentation thus far. this studio has been my home these past 10 months and now it is time to keep moving forward...
it is in the incubator studio where i will take the m.c.c. brand to the next level. with courage, strength, and help from my family and friends i am excited to see what this experience will bring. i hope you follow me on this journey and i appreciate the support that has been shown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment