Wednesday, February 17, 2010

escape in transit

i find myself between two worlds... i rush around the city from meetings, fittings, fabric stores, fashion shows, as i am launching my line: m.c.c. it is exciting, being able to work everyday and do what i love, however there is a part of me that is always yearning for the place that allows me to come alive and open to new inspiration...
it is a drive on the interstate 90 that i have taken so many times and each time brings new emotions. toward the city i sit in anticipation to what each new opportunity will bring and how it will take my line to the next level... and the drive back... it is one of comfort and relaxation that sets my mind on a whirlwind as i am taken aback by the beauty that surrounds every aspect of my family's country home...
as a designer i need doses of my two realities... however one i believe will always be closer to my heart... the place where my mother grew up, the place where i learned simple life lessons from my grandparents, the place where my family centers upon, the place where -our- first kiss took place, the place where inspiration seeps out of the cracks of the earth and into my sketch book. the place where the story originated for my fall '10 collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment